This course provides the skills and knowledge to identify available network components and to install, configure and secure those components, systems backup, restore, security and licensing as part of a small office network.
The Statement of Attainment in Cyber Security for Small Business has the following units:
• Provide basic systems administration (ICTSA3204)
• Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network (ICTSAS307)
By successfully completing this course, you will have developed the skills and knowledge to:
• Record security access and software licences and apply security access controls
• Carry out and restore system backup
• Install and configure hardware and software
• Configure test and secure a network
This course also provides a pathway into Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30118 ).
Course dates: 16th October – 20th November 2020
This is a part time day, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 6 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-directed learning for revision of content, research and preparation for assessments and carry out research activities using the Internet and/or library.
Course cost: * $0 Fee Free to eligible participants
To be eligible you must be:
• 15 years old or over
• no longer at school
• live or work in NSW
• an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Expressions of Interests close on 9th October. Please provide your details and we will be in touch shortly!